New E-learning: Challenging the obesogenic environment – Towards a Community-Based Approach.
Tackling excess weight and obesity is a major and complex issue facing governments, organisations and programmes worldwide. Despite cultural and local differences, the challenges we face are surprisingly similar. This is why Maastricht University and JOGG joined forces to create the E-learning: Challenging the obesogenic environment – Towards a Community-Based Approach.
In this E-learning we learn professionals and other interested, based on the Dutch-JOGG approach, how to set up and facilitate a community-based approach (CBA) which focus on creating a healthy environment for children. In 2021 the OECD concluded that the JOGG-approach is not only cost effective, but also cost saving (also potentially in other countries). We are glad that you are interested in this subject. (OECD, 2022 'Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyles: Best Practices in Public Health)
What can you expect?
This course aims to teach you to set up a local CBA. Applying a CBA involves going through a number of phases. Each chapter will take about 1 hour. The course has a total duration of 4 hours. The course is self-paced, which means you can follow it on your own, and at any time.
- Chapter 1 Introduction and setting expectations.
- Chapter 2 begins by explaining the value of the approach and what makes it different from usual initiatives aimed at preventing obesity. Understanding the fundamentals will enhance your ability to convince your partners of the need to apply CBA in your own community.
- Chapter 3 outlines the first steps of a CBA, the mapping and setting up phase.
- Chapter 4 guides you through the implementing phase, showing you the steps you need to develop your goals and a strategy for realizing those goals.
- Chapter 5 guides you through the learning and refreshing phase, instructing you on the process of monitoring & evaluation and creating long-term change.
Each chapter has one or more assignments attached. The purpose of these assignments is to get you actively working with the material and thinking how you can apply it to your own situation.
After you have completed the course, you will receive a certificate of participation. You can download this from the learning environment.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive your personal inlog code.
On behalf of JOGG and University Maastricht, we wish you good luck during your learning journey!
Provincie Utrecht, VNG én 16 (JOGG)-gemeenten gaan ook zelf voor een gezonder voedingsaanbod
Wist je dat we met ons initiatief Kind Naar Gezonder Gewicht via de lokale zorgverlener kinderen en ouders helpen om de transitie te maken naar een gezondere leefstijl?